Forrester Research claims that in 2016:
- 5% of firms worldwide were using Chatbots regularly.
- 20% were undertaking Chatbot pilots.
- 32% were planning to use Chatbots during 2017.
Common Chatbot issues experienced by firms were:
- Establishing the purpose of the Chatbot.
- Setting unrealistic goals for the Chatbots using current technology.
- Launching Chatbots before they have been properly tested.
Forrester Senior Analyst Xiaofeng Wang stated:
“The development of artificial intelligence will make the Chatbots more advanced and truly smart. However, AI is still in its childhood. Companies need to understand the limitation of Chatbots today and leverage the existing capabilities to deliver customer and business value.”